Food can take an event or celebration from good to great. With Halloween right around the corner many people are planning Halloween themed parties, weddings, or just want a fun way to celebrate the holiday and we’ve got creative, vegan appetizers to go with your spooky theme! Click on the links to get more detailed instructions and other vegan recipes.
- Apple Teeth from Family Fun: No baking necessary, just quarter and core an apple. Next cut a wedge from the skin side of each quarter and press slivered almonds in place for teeth. Eat these goodies before they eat you!
- Witches Fingers from Chef Chloe: Bake cookies according to directions then use raspberry jam to paint the “nail bed” to look bloody. Use almonds for finger nails and brush them with maple syrup to create a creepier look!
- Graveyard Salad from Fork &Beans: Take a typical salad from normal to ghostly by creatively arranging the ingredients. Simply arrange asparagus and carrot sticks around the salad to look like a fence, slice cucumber to look like tombstones, and finish off with tomatoes and broccoli placed to look like pumpkins and bouquets!
- Spooky Black Bean Hummus from Fat Free Vegan: Using a food processor puree black beans, garlic, and seasonings. Spoon hummus into a serving dish and create a spider web pattern using a pastry bag and soy yogurt! Make it even creepier by adding a spider made out of olives!
- Sugar Free “Boo-nana” Pops by Healthful Pursuit: Create these ghostly treats by cutting a banana, inserting a popsicle stick and freezing them. Once frozen, cover the bananas with hot coconut butter. Add eyes with raisins, currants, or flax seeds! Enjoy these cool ghosts as either an appetizer or dessert!